This Curried Carrot Soup is amazing! Perfectly spiced and so easy to make. It’s a hearty, flavorful, healthy single serving meal.
This creamy carrot soup is not only beautiful in color but so incredibly easy to make. It’s got a surprisingly simple ingredient list and cooks in about 30 minutes.
Carrots are the star, of course, but you’ll also find that the ginger truly shines. It’s a flavorful soup and good for you too.
The soup is made with chicken broth but if you’re looking for a vegetarian version, vegetable broth can be substituted with ease.
This carrot soup recipe calls for coconut milk so it’s dairy free but if you’ve got heavy cream (double cream), it makes a lovely substitute too.
Ingredients In Carrot Soup
See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions.
- chopped onions
- ground cumin
- ground turmeric
- ground coriander
- chili powder
- chicken broth
- canned coconut milk
- cilantro leaves (optional)
How To Make Carrot Soup
- Chopped carrots, onions and fresh ginger cook in a small bit of butter on the stove. Add turmeric, ground cumin, coriander and a pinch of chili powder to make the vegetables really come alive.
- I added chicken broth but vegetable broth could easily be substituted to make this a vegetarian carrot soup.
- To puree the vegetables in the soup, use either an immersion blender or a regular blender.
- To finish, I added some coconut milk and flavored the soup with salt and pepper.
What To Do With Leftover Ingredients
If you have any ingredients left over from this curried carrot soup recipe, you might like to consider using them in any of these single serving and small batch recipes.
What To Serve With Curried Carrot Soup
A big bowl of this carrot soup is a wonderful meal all by itself, but if you would like to add a little extra, you might consider making a quick side salad or a mini Beer Bread.
For this carrot soup recipe, I use a 2-quart saucepan. For best results, use a pan of similar size.