Simple, Easy to Make and Delicious, there’s nothing better to fight the cold that a good homemade Cuban Chicken Soup (Sopa de Pollo), great for and appetizer or a meal. I’m absolutely confident you’ll love this recipe!
- 6 Chicken thighs
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Oregano
- 1/4 tsp. Saffron
- 6 Cups – water
- 1 Cube – chicken bouillon
- 1 tbsp. Tomato paste
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Potatoes, peeled and qaurtered
- 1 Medium carrot
- 1/2 Cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Remove the skin from the chicken thighs and sprinkle a little bit of salt on each side.
- In a large pot, add the water, chicken, tomato paste, onion, chicken bouillon, garlic and oregano.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to low, cover, and simmer for 30 mins.
- Add the potatoes and carrots, cover and simmer for another 30 mins, until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the noodles, saffron, lemon juice, salt and pepper and cook until the noodles are tender.
- Serve hot in a soup bowl